The digital warehouse offers you the possibility to add new publications, or to update the metadata of existing publications, in batch.
Overview of batch processing
The platform creates or modifies a batch of publications using an external file that you must prepare and import.
This external file can take two forms:
- A metadata file, which is a single file containing the metadata of the publications to be added/modified (title, authors, etc.).
- An import folder, which is a folder compressed into one file, and containing the above metadata file, together with any other files (EPUB, PDF, JPG) to be associated with the publications to be imported/modified.
In the metadata file, each publication is identified by its ISBN (or EAN). As this identifier is unique and permanent, it is the key that the platform examines when importing a metadata file, to determine how to process each publication it contains.
- If the identifier does not already exist in the warehouse, a new publication is created, and the corresponding metadata in the file is applied to it.
- If the identifier already exists in the warehouse, the metadata of the corresponding publication will be updated with that contained in the metadata file.
The processing of metadata is as follows:
- If a data item is present in the metadata file and in the warehouse, the information in the file will replace that in the warehouse.
- If data is present in the metadata file and not in the warehouse, the information will be added to the warehouse (if its format is recognized).
- If data is absent from the metadata file but present in the warehouse, the data present in the warehouse will be kept intact.
- If an ONIX 2.1 or ONIX 3.0 tag is present in the metadata file, but is empty, the corresponding data in the warehouse will be deleted.
The steps to import a batch of publications are as follows:
Metadata must be in XLMS or ONIX formats.
When importing files, these must be placed with the metadata in a single folder and compressed in .zip format.
The import results can be seen in the System Tasks section.
No file may be above 150 Mb.
No archive (compressed file) may be above 500 Mb.
Importing can be done using the interface or FTP upload.