The platform's shopping carts combine the usual functionality of e-commerce carts with some of the features of wish lists. This means that your library users not only can prepare and place orders, but also that they can customize the organization and maintenance of your shopping lists.
Example of typical use
- Multiple shopping carts are created and shared by multiple users, who add and remove titles, adjust quantities, etc.
- Each cart automatically updates the subtotal, applicable taxes and grand total each time its contents change.
- When the contents of a shopping cart are ready to be ordered, an administrator validates the cart.
- The cart, once validated, is archived and remains available for consultation.
- An invoice is issued with each order or monthly, depending on your library's preference, downloadable as a PDF from your account.
- Each user of the platform can create and use as many shopping carts as they want.
- It is therefore easy to plan your purchases according to the themes, periods, or events of your choice.
- These carts are grouped under the My carts tab in the cart view screen.
- Next to the Add to cart button is a list of all available carts. This list also includes a My carts section. Clicking on Add to cart adds the desired publications to the cart that is selected in the list.
- The carts were designed with team members collaboration in mind.
- In addition to their own carts, all users have access to all the carts created by other users in their library.
- Collaborative carts make it easy to move one or more publications, along with their designated quantities, from one cart to another.
- In addition, each cart allows you to keep an eye on all the other carts in your library, by showing you, for each item it contains:
- if it also appears in other carts;
- if it also appears in carts already validated (therefore if it has already been ordered).
Carts and roles
The platform offers two levels of authorization: User and Administrator.
The User role is the default role for any account created on the platform. It allows you to add, modify and delete any shopping cart.
Only the Administrator role can validate a shopping cart.
By default, any new cart is open and editable by all authorized users of a library.
When an administrator validates the contents of a cart, its status changes to Validated, and it is no longer possible to modify its contents.
A cart in error has been validated but contains at least one publication that could not complete the validation process. This is the case, for example, of a publication whose price changed between the time it was added to the cart and the time it was validated. An administrator can remove a publication in error from a validated cart.