De Marque's principle is to protect the confidentiality of personal information and complies with applicable laws and more precisely, to the extent that it is subject to it by law enforcement or contractual provisions.
Collecting and Using Personal Information
When you first log into the Application, you must select your participating library (the Library) and be directed to the Library's website, which will authenticate. You can only benefit from the services offered through the Application if you are an authenticated member of a Library. You and your Library will send De Marque your user number to allow you to access the Application, log in to your user account, and use the Application's features. From time to time, you may provide further information to De Marque for the purposes of administering your account either with the Application or for the administration of your account with your Library. De Marque maintains the strict confidentiality of this information, in accordance with this policy, the contractual provisions to which it is subject and the applicable laws.
Depending on the case, you can also download or upload information, comments or files to the Application. De Marque reserves all its right to verify them and refuse them if they violate its policies.
Information Obtained Through Cookies
When you use the Application, some information (such as interactions with the Application or any other information described below) can be collected through the following cookies:
- Process Cookie: Allow the Application to function properly by tracking requests, the integrity of the Application and allowing you to use the Application.
- Security Cookies: These cookies are used every time an account is opened. These cookies contain a unique encrypted identifier that is linked to each account and placed in the browser, allowing De Marque to identify you when you are logged into your account.
- Statistical Cookies: These cookies collect data, such as the date and time the Application was last used and how often it was used, the pages or content viewed, and how the Application was used, the information provided, and the operating system features, and login information. This information is collected for analysis and statistics, including how often the Application or certain content is accessed. This information helps De Marque improve the application.
You can block cookies unless they are necessary to make the Application works. However, all cookies, even those that cannot be blocked without compromising the ability to use the Application, are temporary and will disappear when the navigation software is shut down or the device is turned off. Anyone who has problems with the Application's features can contact us at: email@example.com.
De Marque may collect information about how you interact with the Application through statistical tools such as Google Analytics. To collect this information, codes will be placed on the Application that will allow to know, among other things, what searches were done and what content was accessed, as well as the browser and device that were used. This information will be processed and updated every time you interact with the Application. Finally, your geolocation data may be collected when you post content through the Application, if the geolocation data sharing option is enabled on your device.
Your personal information may be collected through such of the following forms:
- Form to register with the Application;
- ID form;
- When you complete your user profile;
- When you post a comment from your user profile;
- When you rate a book from your user profile;
- By subscribing to our newsletter.
Use and Sharing of Information Collected
De Marque does not sell, lease or commercially exploit the collected personal information. The collected personal information is not shared with third parties or used by third parties other than for the purposes for which it was collected as described in this policy, unless the law requires or authorizes it or appropriate consent has been obtained, as the case may be.
We use the collected personal information for the following purposes:
- Allow you to use our Application and the services offered therein, by creating an account and a user profile;
- Contact you when you have subscribed to the newsletter;
- Contact you as part of the service functions you use, for example, to give you access to the digital book download link when it is ready, to confirm a digital book reservation, to notify you and send you the loan download link when a book you have booked is available for you to borrow;
- Improve your reader’s experience by posting suggestions based on your personalized profile;
- Statistics, research and analysis;
- Service management;
- Offer technical support, if necessary;
- Check that minor does not borrow adult-only books;
- Compliance with the law.
Personal information may be disclosed to De Marque's partners and subcontractors that enable the Application to operate properly, for example by helping De Marque develop, maintain and update the Application. The information will only be disclosed to those who "need to know" after verification that contractual and other appropriate measures are in place.
Personal information may be used and disclosed if De Marque, acting reasonably, believes that use and disclosure is necessary to comply with applicable laws, a court proceeding or a government request, or otherwise for any purpose set out in the applicable law allowing or requiring disclosure of personal information.
Anonymous Information Used on an Aggregate Basis
De Marque can use anonymized information on an aggregate basis to improve the Application. Anonymous information can also be used on an aggregated basis for research and statistical purposes, including projects with De Marque’s partners.
For clarity, anonymized information used on an aggregate basis is not personal information and may not, and will not be, used to re-identify you or another person.
Access, Correction and Update of Personal Information
In accordance with applicable laws, you can make requests for access to, correct or delete personal information by contacting De Marque:
|Postal address||De Marque Inc., 400 Jean-Lesage Blvd., bur. 540, Quebec City, Quebec G1K 8W1|
Depending on the case, you can also correct the information online or in the Application itself. Data collected from third parties cannot be corrected by De Marque. You should contact these third parties to correct this information.
De Marque implements security measures based on what may reasonably be necessary to protect the security and confidentiality of personal information. In this regard, De Marque has implemented the following measures:
- SSL Technology: With every access to the Application over the Internet, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects personal information through server authentication and data encryption. No personal information will be released until this technology is activated;
- Limited access: Access to personal information is granted only to relevant De Marque employees, representatives and subcontractors "who needs to know" for the purposes of developing or operating the Application;
EVEN IF DE MARQUE USES TECHNOLOGIES THAT ARE MARKETABLE QUALITY TO OPERATE THE APPLICATION AND ITS SERVERS - AS WELL AS ANY TYPE OF FILE - THEY ARE NOT FOOLPROOF AND FULLY PROTECTED AGAINST UNPREDICTABLE EVENTS OR FORCE MAJEURE, CYBERATTACKS OR UNAUTHORIZED USES AND ACCESS, AND YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT THERE IS A RISK ASSOCIATED WITH ELECTRONIC DATA TRANSMISSION. THIS RISK IS INHERENT IN ALL ELECTRONIC OPERATIONS AS WELL AS ALL OTHER FORMS OF COMMUNICATION. THEREFORE, DE MARQUE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT INFORMATION WILL NEVER BE INTERCEPTED OR ACCESSED OR BE COMPROMISED ON OTHER INCIDENTS. SUCH EVENTS CAN OCCUR AND MAKE DEVICES OR SYSTEMS ACCESSIBLE TO UNAUTHORIZED OR CONTROLLED BY OTHER PERSONS, AND RESULT IN THE RECEIPT OF UNWANTED COMMUNICATIONS AND INVITATIONS. IF YOU RECEIVE A MESSAGE THAT APPEARS TO BE FROM THE APPLICATION IN WHICH YOU ARE ASKED TO SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU SHOULD AVOID REPLYING. DE MARQUE WILL NEVER REQUEST FINANCIAL AND OTHER SENSITIVE INFORMATION IN THIS MANNER. IF YOU OR ANOTHER PERSON HAS PROVIDED PERSONAL INFORMATION IN RESPONSE TO A SUSPICIOUS EMAIL, POP-UP OR FAKE WEBSITE DECLARING THAT IT IS ASSOCIATED WITH THE APPLICATION, OR IF ANY OF THE ABOVE EVENTS OCCUR, PLEASE CONTACT DE MARQUE IMMEDIATELY.
Storage of Personal Information
How to Reach De Marque
You can withdraw your consent to the collection and use of your personal information at any time by sending us an email to the above address. However, if you withdraw your consent, we may no longer be able to provide you with access to the Application.