To browse the catalog of a library added to Aldiko:
- Tap the Catalogs button at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Browse button.
A library's home page gives you quick access to the latest releases added to the catalog, a list of the most popular titles, and various selections offered by the library.
You can also select the following options from the Browse menu:
- Ebooks: tap to explore the ebook collection.
- Audiobooks: tap to explore the audiobook collection.
- Featured Selections: tap to check the book selections offered by the library.
- Categories: tap to browse the catalog according to the different categories offered by the library.
- Available now: tap to view only the latest additions to the catalog that are currently available for loan.
- To search the catalog by keyword: tap the magnifying glass icon at the top of the screen.
- Use predefined filters to further refine your search results.
- To apply a filter, tap the triangle icon to the right of the magnifying glass. You can select one of the following options:
- All: all publications in the catalog, available or not.
- Available now: currently available publications only.
- Recent acquisitions: latest publications added to the library catalog, regardless of their release date.
- Recent releases: most recent publications in the library catalog.
- Language. Publications in the selected language only.
- Media type
- Ebooks: ebooks only, excluding audiobooks.
- Audiobooks: audiobooks only, excluding ebooks.
- Category. Publications corresponding to the selected category only.
- To remove a filter, simply tap the previously selected filter again.
Viewing a publication's detail page
Once in a library's catalog, you can access a publication's detail page by clicking on its cover image.
Among the various pieces of information, metadata and recommendations contained in a publication's detail page, you'll find the following especially useful:
- The type of publication (ebook, audiobook, etc.).
- The format of the publication (EPUB, PDF, etc.).
- The availability of the publication (available for loan, on hold).
A publication's detail page also contains buttons that allow you to download a sample, to borrow it or to place it on hold.
Viewing a sample
You have access to a short sample of most publications, whether they are available for loan or not. To view a sample, proceed as follows:
- Go to the desired publication's detail page.
- Tap the Sample button; Aldiko downloads the sample to your device.
- Once the download is completed, tap the Read sample button to open the sample.
Note that all downloaded samples are available in the Home and My Books sections of the application.
In the application, all samples display the word Sample in overlay on their cover image.
Downloaded samples have no expiration date and remain on your device until you explicitly delete them.